Friday, May 10, 2013

Cookie Monster!

Here's the deal. If there's one food for you to know that I couldn't live without... I would most definitely choose peanut butter. My best friend in college is allergic and I have no idea how she's survived without it's for 19 years.

Another thing to know about me is that I avidly use Pinterest (who doesn't?) and love to pin healthy recipes (even though I rarely actually make them). However, this summer is going to be different. I plan to try dozens of healthy Pinterest recipes and blog about them!

First up on the list, "3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies"! Simple enough right? I'm not much of a chef, and I usually manage to mess everything up somehow so even the thought of 3 ingredients makes me nervous. I didn't want to use up too much of my beloved jar of JIF, so I halved the recipe.

Original Recipe:
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes

I mixed up my (halved) ingredients, and to my surprise, it looked like actual cookie dough! I felt accomplished already. Then I put it in slightly flattened balls on a cookie sheet and  baked as the directions said.

Voila! They turned out great; delicious, chewy, and even tasted just like the pre-packaged non-sense peanut butter cookies my mom used to make! I'd consider this recipe a HUGE success :)

         The internet picture:                                                 My results:
Have a great day!
Xoxo, 
Doyle


No comments:

Post a Comment